What’s up Dudes and Dudettes! Episode 4 is here and it’s with my new friend Amy Schwartz and we’re diving into some of her crazy adventures as an avid traveller!
Amy is the loyal but mischievous friend who convinced you to go nightswimming, sing in math class, eat too many mangoes, tell the whole truth, start the dance floor, stand up for justice, show some love and take the plane rather than the job. Her secret-not-secret passion is finding herself at home everywhere: from a 43 ft sailboat en route from Cape-Town to Florida, to the local matriarch’s front lawn on Easter Island, a first-edition VW bus in Argentine Patagonia, a raft on the Karnali river in Nepal, a bike in the Peruvian Amazon, a makeshift mat in an ‘untouchables’ village in Madhya Pradesh, her hammock-tent on a Mozambiqe beach, and next to more surf-breaks than she cares to admit to.
Before launching Unleash – a remote-working experience for surfers with wanderlust, Amy was a specialist in creating healthy and active places that you’d like to linger in, developing government policy for community-led sustainable energy and guiding outdoor adventure tours. She’s gotten accolades as an Agent of Change by the Halifax Chamber of Commerce and as a top 50 Under-40 entrepreneurial leader by 21inc.
Amy sent me a huge list of potential stories we could have talked about and it was a huge task to condense it all down to just 30-40 minutes! I think Amy will need to make a re-appearance!
Let me know in the comments down below if we inspired you to travel to any place in particular!
IN THIS EPISODE WE COVER:
- Hitchhiking through Patagonia, Argentina… And the weird guy who picked Amy and her friend up.
- The place to visiting in Brazil if you want to experience the carnaval… Hint: It’s not Rio
- How the Drinking Games Bible came into existence in Fiji
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED:
Wanna connect with Amy?
- Website: http://www.unleashsurf.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/unleashsurf/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/unleashsurf/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/unleashsurf/