In today’s episode, I have Joseph Kennedy on the show, an environmental copywriting consultant, to talk about how we can improve our own writing to really get our audience engaged and get them to take action.
Joseph is helping his business grow, to make Content Pathway the ‘go-to’ for Environmental Copywriting. His role involves consulting, creating content strategies and producing copy that drives his partners up Google, expanding their audiences in the process. Content Pathway worked on some amazing projects in 2016, but Joseph knows that 2017 can be even better.
I know I need to improve my copywriting, especially seeing as I don’t LOVE writing in the first place. When I was down in Texas for Funnel Hacking Live in February, there was a presentation on copywriting that I really enjoyed that really showed me that copywriting isn’t difficult AND that it’s something everyone should learn.
Joseph does a great job in this episode showing us some simple tips to improve our own copywriting.
With everything that we dive into in this conversation you’ll be able to take something away to improve your own writing!
Enjoy this episode Dudes and Dudettes!
IN THIS EPISODE WE COVER:
- Emotional Storytelling
- Learning the language of your audience
- Writing in their language and the use of imperatives (“Do this” and “Do that”)
- Talking as if it’s to only one person
- Giving advice to someone who wants to be a content writer and do reviews (food critic is the example we use)
- How to get started in improving your writing
- Grab the English grammar guide
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED:
- Brennan Dunn‘s Free Pricing Course
- Sun and Co. Co-Living house
- Dude Brood FB Group
Wanna connect with Joseph?